Saturday, November 7, 2009

Day One of my Adventures to Japan


Hello to all who are reading this!! Well as most of you know, I left on Thursday from MA and arrived in SF at 4:30pm. It was for the most part a very safe and smooth ride, only once did i think the plane was going to crash from turbulence. I stayed at the Crown Plaza in Burlingame CA. It's about 2 miles north of the airport. I got in, dropped my bags, went downstairs hoping they were playing the Montreal Canadiens vs the Boston Bruins game but unfortunately not. I got a Sam Adams and some pulled pork sliders to go. Went back to my room, ate 1.5 and then decided to call it a night at 7:30 local time. Friday morning was the big day. I, of course, had severe jet lag and was up at 5am. Did some stuff online, finally got out of bed at 7, repacked for the day, showered and left the hotel at 9:10. Arrived at the airport, check in for International flight, the lady at the counter laughed and patted me on the back after I checked in, she handed everything back to me and I said now where do I go!! I got to security and started panicing severely. I had one hour at this point and the line snaked about 20 times. Thankfully I made it through in 40 minutes, grabbed a breakfast sandwich and then boarding began... It was the longest 12 freaking hours of my life being on that plane. I watched the map of where we were flying. Quite interestingly we hugged the coast all the way up CA, WA and Alaska. It was so amazing. I actually was quite mad because I had asked for an ailse seat and got a window seat, but amazing views! I got to see some icebergs or what appeared to be icebergs, they were the very small islands of alaska but it looked like white sharp objects coming out of the water. We then crossed the Bering Sea then came down I think Russia's coast to Japan. It was quite interesting when we neared Japan, because it reminded me a lot of Hawaii, there is lots of ocean then BAM there is land jutting up! The mountains of what I saw were very much like Hawaii, the feel and shape of them. I read some of my Robin Cook book, listened to music and watched Time Travlers Wife. It was good and weird/interesting all at the same time. I arrived at Osaka/Kansai airport at about 4:30 pm Saturday Local time. ( I crossed the international time line and feel all messed up). First thing after making it through customs and security, is Takashi and I got a beer! We then waited for the shuttle boat until 6! Took the ferry which wasn't too choppy and arrived in Kobe at my hotel at 7:45pm. Hotel is very nice!
Well, once checked in I changed quickly, the Brigetta, Nao and I went out to dinner at a Sushi place where all the plate of sushi had 2-3 pieces on it and it was all on a belt, so it went by you and you just picked up the plate you wanted! It was quite interesting. I had lots of Salmon and Tuna.. Got back to the hotel and turned in! That is the adventures of Day one... Check in later for day 2 as it is already 7 am here on Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. The room is nice! You were worried about that weren't you? You should have taken a pic of the sushi place... or maybe you did? I can't believe your in Japan, soooo weird! I bet there's a lot of Japanese people there huh? lol. Have a great time I can't wait to hear more about it!! xx cuz

    ReplyDelete