Sunday, November 8, 2009

Day Two Adventures

One must never be afraid to venture out and explore no matter if you are comfortable or not!
Well today was so productive and adventurous!
It first started out that I awoke at 5am (3pm east coast time) and got up and went online for awhile. I went back to bed until 8:30 but could not sleep. I finally got up and played on facebook and arranged my fantasy teams ( no worries, I might be halfway around the world but sports have a place in my life) and cleaned up my mess from throwing everything out of my bags! I don't have any draws or anything to unpack so I am totally living out of a suitcase for the week. I took a nice long HOT shower which felt amazing. At 10:30 I finally ventured out for some breakfast. I went to Starbucks and successfully ordered ( in Japanese) a caramel latte and a donut... キャラメルカフェラテ & ドーナツ I was SOOOO PROUD...
I then walked around this HUGE shopping mall. I finally ended up going to 0101 ( a big department store) here in Japan. ( this was taken at night)
I fell in LOVE with a couple of rings. They are Rose Gold/Pink Gold with either diamonds or blue diamonds in it. So gorgeous and only like 50-60 dollars. Mind you they are small. The rings here fit me, everything does so far its amazing! If anyone knows how durable rose/pink gold is please let me know.. I know it is gold mixed in with copper...
I then went back to the room and rested some until 1pm. My feet are so swollen I can only stand to be on them for 2-3 hours at a time.
We then went about 2 blocks north and found the bus which took us down to the port of Kobe.
Went up to the top of the building and what amazing views! This one is looking inland! Look how many buildings there are and the mountains!
Here is one looking out towards port Island, tomorrow i get to find out which of these buildings my work is in!
It was cool, on I think it was the 3rd floor, there was a revolving restaurant!
Then walked around the flea/yard sale market for awhile.
After went and checked out the Yamato1: Superconducting,electromagnetic propulsion boat! Thanks to Kawasaki Marine Engineering Museum! Thing looked like something out of a movie!
If you are bored on YOUR sunday afternoon google it! Its pretty cool to learn about and see!
Got back on the trolley/bus and did the city loop! Amazing thing to do, mind you I had no idea where I was going but could tell it seemed to do a loop so stayed on it til I knew I was near the hotel again! Walked down to the Kobe Museum and went in there!

Saw some amazing cultural stuff and got a postcard of one of the special exhibits!
Went back to the hotel after visiting the flower clock !
Brigetta and I had made plans to meet for dinner at 6pm so this gave me some time to unwind/elevate my feet before then! We went in more to downtown to a restaurant which had raman.. Oh what a sight it was trying to order! Of course they didn't speak a word of english, we finally got across that we wanted two beers and some beef raman. It turned out we got across pork but not true beef!
After dinner and some good english converstation we decided to walk around some!
This is a very common sight in Japan, displays of the restaurants food!

Well it is now 9pm, I am exhausted and my feet hurt. I think I am proud to say it was a good day in sight seeing.. I am proud for not being afraid and hiding in my hotel room! We take for granted reading street signs, menus, subway signs all for granted. Its hard being plopped in the middle of a country where nothing is familiar to you. Its all good and an amazing lesson!
Goodnight everyone, enjoy your sunday because I already enjoyed mine! Now off to bed I go because I start work early in the AM and have a packed day! Thanks to all who have been keeping my spirits high with emails! It really does help!!!
Love
Trin

2 comments:

  1. awesome!!!! i'm glad your having fun, it all looks amazing! SO COOL! can't wait to hear about your next adventure lol. We'll cam chat later! love u!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, that food thing is so weird... is it plastic food in the display?

    ReplyDelete