Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day Five: Another day at the office

Well, its Wednesday, only one more work day and then Friday we are going to go to Kyoto to go sight seeing, so tomorrow is last day in the office. TG!!! This morning Brigette and I went to a different coffee shop and had caramel macaroon latte. AMAZING! So nothing exciting to write about for the work day. Same ole, Goofey sent me a voicemail this morning as a surprise for when I woke up! It was so great to hear his voice again. I am soooo homesick. I miss home, and Odie and Blankey but most of all my darling! hearing his voice made me tear up... Almost time! I got a little more sleep last night which gave me some sanity! I think not sleeping during the night was just making time DRAG by. After work, Yukiko took us to the store to go shopping. Let me tell you, its such a weird concept to me. You go in on like the 3rd floor, there are clothes, shoes ect, go down to second floor, cosmetics, jewelery ect, 1st floor is regular grocery store where I bought some kit kats and some Bonito! Can't wait to try it again! Basement is seafood mart and elaborate desserts and fruits. Their apples are HUGE here along with radishes! They are like 2-3 feet and like 6 inches in diameter! INSANE. I wish i could have taken some pictures of everything but couldn't . We went out to dinner at a restaurant that was a great time! Had some beer, which was Lagar and Pilsner mixed 50/50. Then had some Sake then another beer. Dinner was elaborate. Started out with some raw vegetables, beets, pumpkin, white vegetable which reminded me of cucumber, and then some root vegetable which tasted like root.. Next we had some amazing sashimi. It was sooo fresh, Salmon, Tuna, Macerol, Octupus, Yellow Tail Fish. Was soo very fresh. Then had some Lotus Root salad. It was the root of the Lotus flower raw/plain and then breaded and fried.. YUMMY! We then had some Kobe beef, ugh so good but very fatty and hard to chew. We put some Japanese Pepper on it, OMG stuff is amazing. Will be trying to find this pepper to bring home. It was sooo good, nice flavor and then like 20-30 seconds after eating it you got some heat and hotter flavor. It sort of made my lips burn but it wasn't really HOT or spicy, hard to explain but amazingness! Dessert consisted of Green Tea Ice Cream ( this was sort of eh... very bitter and not sweet at all), Blood Bean Pudding/paste which tasted like Dates which made me remember my very young years of picking dates off treas!! SOO GOOOD! and then squares of Tapioca. I do remember now that I do not like tapioca, didn't like it in Hawaii and for some reason the consistency just makes me almost gag! I think the only consistency that draws this reaction out of me! All in all it was great! It is now 10pm and I am sooo tired. I think I am going to go read some more and call it a night! Hope all is well in the US and I will be home sooooon! It is starting to feel very close to being time to go home and I am getting so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment