Monday, November 9, 2009

Day Three: First Working Day in Japan

Well today wasn't quite as interesting for a blog posting. I still am having a horrible time with sleeping. I went to bed around 10pm and did about an hour to two of reading before I fell asleep. I keep waking up every hour. At 3am I could no longer sleep... I kept trying to sleep but only kept dozing off here and there but haven't had more than 2 hours of continuous sleep. I finally got out of bed around 7:30 to quickly shower and get ready. Met up with Brigette, had breakfast at Starbucks then got to work around 10am. Let me just say, dressing culture here is sooo different. Everyone wears suits, seriously walked out of my hotel this morning and thought I was in the Japanese Matrix.. Men all have suits and briefcases, woman also wear suits. Its more a rarity that someone is not in a suit! Had a quick tour of the facility before having brief introductions. Went to lunch at noon. Had some fried chicken, Miso soup, dried tofu and rice. Oh how I love rice. I am finally mastering the art of chop sticks. There are no such things as forks or spoons anywhere! I can now eat vegetables ( lettuce, pickled radishes, salad ), rice, noodles, meat, sushi with chop sticks!!! Went back to the office and had meetings until 6pm. We then proceeded to go across the way to the next building and there was a welcome party for Brigette and I ! It was a lot of fun!!! Everyone was so excited to meet us and ask questions even if they could hardly speak English they tried their hardest. I so should have taken pictures of the food, it was pretty elaborate. Had Octopus Sushi tonight! VERY INTERESTING, not sure I am a huge fan.. Its kind of squishy, and chewy, and ewwyyy!!! YOU MADE ME INK was all I could think about while eating it ( don't think that helped matters)!
I am starting to get VERY homesick. I want to just come home, I am enjoying my stay here don't get me wrong but to think I just hit half way is hard to imagine. I don't think it is helping that I feel like I have morning/hung over sickness, every move and I think I am just going to PUKE!
My feet are still swelling and feels somewhat worse. Today my ankles are getting purplish/pink bruises. Where there were creases in my feet is now red and looks like scratches on my skin. Well it is almost 10pm, I have so much to do tonight, need to edit some photos, and have so many reports to prepare for tomorrow I guess I should be doing that! Here is a picture of CarnaBioScience Employees! Masa 2 is the one with his arm around me, we are the competitive Carna Photographers!!! Good Morning America! Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment