Monday, February 20, 2012

One thing off the bucket list.. Kissed the Blarney Stone

We took our time leaving the hotel this morning..i adored that hotel.. Unfortunately it was another rough night of no sleep and a hard time breathing and coughing. I sound like a dying seal. After finally packing and leaving, we headed straight for Blarney Castle in Cork. We were only 8km from it ..we had breakfast at a little diner right near the castle. I had scrambled eggs,toast and tea. Dave had a full Irish Breakfast. We then went to visit the castle. It was everything i hoped it to be. We climbed all around inside and of course it was 100 stairs.. My legs are going to be steel when I get back from all the climbing... ever since i was little, one of the things on my bucket list was to kiss the Blarney Stone. Now that I was here, i was going to wimp out, I was coming up with every excuse under the sun of reasons not to do it.. While standing in line, I was like, I didn't come all this was to wimp out! I bit the bullet and did it!! It was scary as all hell. You lay on your back, bend backwards through a hole that you can see the ground and kiss the damn stone! Luckily there is a gent there holding onto your waist and Dave held onto my legs. Dave got an awesome pic of me doing it and there are two metal bars so if you slip, hopefully it does catch you, but trust me, it still was one of the scariest things I have done. Dave chose not to do it, he thinks its all hog wash which yeah I agree but i can honestly say I have done it, in fact I got a certificate saying I did it! We then headed towas Kilarney via the scenic route. We stopped along the way for some photos of which I can't wait to post. We then drove the Gap of Dunloe...HOLY CRAP.. We got absolutely stunning photos but the road was only wide enough for one car and a couple of times we had to share the rosd with oncoming traffic.scary.. I got some amazing pictures of sheep, views and waterfalls. On the way down, the drop was incredible and I told Dave not to let us fall of the edge or we would keep rolling all the way to the bottom and not make it out alive. Let's just say it was a pretty neat experience. We drove a bit of the Ring Of Kerry on the way to the hotel. We are staying at the Gleneagle which is ok, i miss last nights hotel so much. I stayed in the room to rest some as Dave went to go find a supermarket for dinner. We decided to have local cheese, bread and hard cider for dinner. There is a Bulmers (magners) hard cider that is apple and honey flavored and it is simply amazing. Going to rest a lot tonight, go watch Water for Elephants on my iPAD and hope to get some sleep tonight.. Off to Galway tomorrow and we plan on taking the ferry hehehe. Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment