Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day two of the Irish

Well another amazing day is coming to a close. We awoke at 9:30am just in time for our breakfast. I had my first Irish Breakfast.. It was ok, nothing extradionary imo. The white sausage was ok, but the black was not even remotely yummy to me YUCKY to be more accurate lol. I am not a huge sausage fan to begin with, so it is hard to judge. There were scrammbled eggs, what reminded me of pork and beans, irish bacon, so pretty much ham and the black and white pudding. we then ventured back to St. Patricks to go inside, it is simply amazing. From there, it was time to go for some BEER..yes, we went to the Guinness Brewery.had a great time touring the facility and then went to the 7th floor to enjoy a nice cold pint. We enjoyed the views of Dublin City and chatted with other visitors.. Couples from Florida, Ohio and then England.Next on our travels we walked ( the long way hahah) to Kilmainhim Gaol. A jail to be precise.It was sort of a miserable walk if I may say so. It was spitting/ raining, cold, wet and long...I decided we had gone far enough and really should be there, so i noticed the local library and we popped our head in and they brought us outside and said, see up on that hill, that is it!!! We were so close, was so happy we stopped to ask. You can only see the jail by guided tour so we caught the last tour of the day. Another truely impressive place. Don't fret, there were a ton of pictures taken!!! We left there and walked back to the hotel.. All in all we walked probably close to 10 miles today. Back at the hotel, we quickly showered and headed down for dinner. I had the lamb stew and it was perfect! Dave had the salmon. there was local band and then Irish Dance. We relaxed and drank. I had my first irish coffee which helped soothe my throat. Not sure if it is allergies or a start of a cold but my throat is tight and losing my voice some. It is now the time for some much deserved beauty rest!! Day 2 did not disappoint..

No comments:

Post a Comment