Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Cliffs of Moher

It was another traveling typical morning. Got up, showered, and headed out. This morning breakfast was just the leftover bread from last night.i got a couple of hours of sleep this morning. We headed out for our longest day of driving. Galway was the final destination today. We took the ferry which gave us a nice 20 min break of driving. I did not get out as I really felt horrible today, probably the worst I have felt so far. The biggest adventure yet was the Cliffs of Moher. It did not seem like it would be that bad but as soon as we left the parking area, I knew it would be a different story. By the time we got to the visitor center, I told Dave I needed to go in and get a hat to cover my ears because the wind was just brutal. I got a cute hat and we headed out. It was so cold and blustery. It was howling winds and sleet. Visibilty was quite poor due to the weather. At one point, the wind was so strong that Dave grabbed me because it was pushing me around and i really thought it was going to knock me over. Even Dave had a hard time walking in it, it seemed, you would walk but just not go anywhere. After walking around and being frozen, we went inside and got a cup of tea. We then started back on our drive and drove through the buron. It was pretty impressive. We arrived in Galway and we are staying right on the water. The wind is howling and I just felt to cold and chilled so much that we decided to stay at the hotel for dinner instead of going back into town. I had the irish stew and dave had the curry chicken along with au gratin potatoes. Dave went on an adventure to town on foot in the hunt of an atm while i stayed behind and took a nice hot shower. Dave got us hot whiskeys, now just laying in bed watching the wind and ocean.. Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment